ARTICLE AD BOX
Kebbi State Governor Nasir Idris said he has no apology for backing President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s bid for a second term.
The comments were made on Wednesday at a Tinubu Support Organisation (TSO) event in Birnin Kebbi, where both the president and the governor were endorsed ahead of the 2027 general elections.
Idris responded to critics who questioned his public support, arguing that those questioning his stance were unfamiliar with the state’s realities.
“I saw a clip last week questioning why Governor Idris should be in the forefront of supporting Bola Ahmed Tinubu,” he said, adding that the clip’s author was not from Kebbi State.
He maintained that President Tinubu “believes in Kebbi and loves its people,” noting that ongoing federal projects in the state demonstrate that relationship.
According to Idris, his support for the president is grounded in the federal projects and development efforts underway in Kebbi.
“That’s why we are enjoying federal projects today. The essence of democracy is to deliver democratic dividends to the doorsteps of the people,” he said.
Idris also reaffirmed his backing of Tinubu, describing him as a leader and mentor, and insisted that Kebbi State remains fully behind the president’s re‑election campaign.
“Tinubu is my leader and mentor. We support him 100% in Kebbi State,” he stated.
The governor recalled that residents of the state had earlier gathered at the Haliru Abdu Stadium in Birnin Kebbi to endorse Tinubu for a second term, describing it as one of the earliest such endorsements in the country.
“Last year, Kebbi people converged on the Haliru Abdu Stadium in Birnin Kebbi in their thousands to endorse Tinubu for a second term in office, the first state to do so in Nigeria,” he said.
Idris added that his administration would continue to support initiatives aligned with the development of Kebbi State and the country at large.

2 months ago
28






English (US) ·